Monday, December 2, 2013

Complain



I'm not a complainer... Okay, that's a lie. I complain ALL the time but that's less spoken of than thought of. Why is that? A lot of people have quieted down.. settled down, but there are still so many things that we can "fix". I agree with Buckley in his essay, " Why Don't We Complain?" that part of the reason we don't complain is we want someone else to do it for us, who is in the same situation. I, for one, hate being the one who points out "hey, I need this!" I feel ... needy. I hate being the one who stands out I suppose... For my personal reasons, I don't mind suffering a bit, rather than resolving small issues that won't severely affect me. I mean, there have been some moments where I regret not speaking up but, that was entirely my fault. I suppose we do NEED to voice out our opinions for the greater good or for ourselves but we always wait... What idiot does this? Me.  And who else speaks when they shouldn't? Me.

I'm a feisty child. Always have been. I've never learned to control my temper too well, just at home though, I've got an excellent "mask"  at school. Anyways, you're basic story of a daughter-father argument. 
 Yep... something like this, I speak up and it is DEFINITLEY not a good idea. I acted this way because I tried to start a conversation and ended in argument. Daily typical thing. Except after the last scene of this strip, my dad didn't fly off , we argued more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment